STEM Learning Program Co-Design Professional Development
Open and FREE to all Partner School staff. Schools are encouraged to send Teaching Teams.
26th and 27th November | 9am - 3.30pm
- Design Thinking process focusing on real world inquiry
- Explore STEM industry based capabilities and pathways for a rapidly changing world
- Technology Workshops: Virtual Reality, 3D Modelling, Humanoid Robot, Automation
- BTS 2019 Learning Program Structure embedding BTS in your 2019 curriculum plans
- Co-designing STEM learning programs focused on your individual schools 2019 needs
RSVP: 12th November | email@example.com
3D printing with Clay - Alterfact Studio
In this intimate 2 day workshop participants will design and print their own 3D clay objects. The workshop will cover the two sides of printing: digital and clay. The digital aspects will detail open source and free access programs for designing digital 3D models; 3D scanning handmade models; the preparation of the model for printing and the hardware required to print (the 3D printer itself). The clay side of the workshop will cover different types of clay, their preparation for printing; printing itself; and drying and handling the objects after they are printed. These two sides will merge in the middle when participants take models they've designed on the computer and print them from clay.
15 & 16 November, 9.30am - 4pm
- RSVP: 31st October | lunch provided
- LIMITED PLACES RSVP ASAP
Her Place Women's Museum women in STEM exhibition
BTS is pleased to host the Her Place Women’s Museum women in STEM exhibition where STEM, education and community come together featuring videos, unique artefacts and the profiles of 10 women working in fields as diverse as games development, wearable tech, environmental science, cancer research, food waste, genetics, biotech, nanotechnology and mathematics. Nine of these women have been selected and presented by Her Place, with a local 10th woman profiled at Ballarat Tech School.
The exhibition will be held in Ballarat from Monday 5th - Wednesday 28th November at the Ballarat Tech School.
- Professional Development available 8th November, 4.30 - 6pm http://herplacemuseum.com/stempowered/
- Teachers can stay and attend the Exhibition Launch at 6.30pm following the PD
- RSVP: 31st October | firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 City of Ballarat Youth Awards - STEM Award
Proudly sponsored by Ballarat Tech School
The STEM award aims to recognise the power STEM learners have to change the world and the future by harnessing science, technology, engineering and maths in innovative ways. This person is having a positive impact on their future by increasing their employability skills, engaging in meaningful learning and having fun along the way. This person may learn independently or as part of a learning network.
Congratulations to STEM Award recipient: Brandon Close!
All nominees were acknowledged and celebrated at the Youth Awards Ceremony in October. It was a wonderful evening, with over 450 people attending to celebrate the 87 amazing nominees. There were 99 nominations across 11 categories. The Youth Awards event is absolutely owned and led by young people.